With dense rainforest, hundreds of colourful bird species and the Caribbean and Pacific Ocean lapping on its shores, Costa Rica is a real tropical paradise. Much of the country has national park status and the scenery is fantastic with active volcanoes and beautiful beaches. Offering the ideal opportunity for exploration and relaxation, you can visit the jungle waterways of Tortuguero, head to the volcanic hot springs at Arenal or just adopt the attitude of a sloth and lay back on a pristine palm fringed sandy beach.
• Rejuvenate in hot springs while looking up at the magnificent  Arenal Volcano.
• Look out for the Resplendent Quetzal in the cloud forest of  Monteverde.
• Raft the raging waters of the  Pacuare and Reventazon Rivers.
• Explore the jungle-fringed waterways of  Tortuguero.
• Experience the wilderness and wildlife of the remote  Corcovado National Park.
Combines well with
When to Go
The best months to travel are from November to June.
However, travel is possible all year round and travelling ‘off-season’ can often result in lower rates, cheaper airfares and fewer crowds.
British Airways fly direct from Gatwick to San Jose on select days .
Other airlines include Iberia via Madrid, or American Airlines & United via the US.